Friday, January 21, 2005

+work+

Have you ever had one of those weeks where it just seems all your doing is working? well, i'm stuck in one of those weeks. the never ending nightmare of work+work. one would think this is a great thing, some days I wake up (at work) around 2pm, the day mostly gone. on a typical day that would mean its about time to start wrapping things up for my 4:30 departure (yeah.. I need some time).. but alas.. this week has been horendous. I'm helping to finish a project that has been in more than 6 months of development and we are to the part of the project where my skills shine, but I'm too busy with ANOTHER project that is just getting start..or i WOULD be busy with that project if I wern't review another friends project that is closing and desperatly needs my input as it will effect me in the long run... oh.. I mis-typed yet again. all that WOULD be loading me down, except I'm in the middle of a hairy finger pointing 2million doller super problem. oh yeah.. i'm also teaching an OPamp class to the technicians, and I totally screwed up the first session. (maybe because I was thinking about one of those third party reviews I said I'd do, but never got around to). welp.. just one of those weeks. if I really hang in there and make the executives happy, I may get a 25$ gift card to best-buy! ohh........... the reward. I Just can't wait.

5 comments:

forkev said...

That's ok.
i go live on monday and i'm still 60 hours out from finished the prototype for online transactions. Did I mention my deadline was mandated by my boss and my available time was not discussed or defended? It's like 'hey kevin, i need you to wrap up that 6 month project in ... oh, i don't know ... a few hours, and help the new guys this afternoon, ok?'
yeah. i feel ya.

forkev said...

nice.
i like the bt link that made it to the sidebar. i wonder where you found that :)

k2h said...

that bt link is awesome. it has found alias, stargate sg1, stargate atlantis, farscape. voyager. the ability to watch a season from start to finish is great.

forkev said...

sadly, i'm divorced from bt.
after the letter from quest from saturating the bandwidth for several months straight i'm decided not to use it much. back to watching crap on the dish network for me.

k2h said...

man, I"m just sorry to hear that. around here the cable company is the party pooper. charter. luckily i'm on phone company Dsl, so I haven't heard anything from them yet. as far as I'm concerned if I purchased a 1.5mbit pipe, then I get that bandwidth no matter what. thats what bandwidth is!!!

it sounds to me the final mile companys are bullying their way (with the guise of investigation violations) so that they can oversell their bandwidth by several orders of magnitude. sure, 6mbit dsl is coming into its prime now, but if no one ever uses more than they would of with plain old dialup, then it really doesn't matter does it?! now in the grand scheme of things your actually paying MORE for your connection all the way around, including $/mbit or in your case, $/ubit

i'm thinking of moving off of standard ports on BT just so I can survive the holocost (when it comes) a few days longer. if I were smart about it i'd probably roll my port weekly so the logs show equal traffic on dozens of nonstadard ports to my machine and without the DSL provider doing traffic sniffing I could claim VPN connection crap.